Australia’s School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin Universityhas been crowned the best university in the world for Sports Science in 2018, according to CEOWORLD magazine, while Norwegian School of Sport Sciences and School of Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences, at the University of Queensland placed 2nd and 3rd, respectively.
The 2018 rankings placed University of South Carolina – Columbia in 4th ahead of UK’s School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences at Loughborough University into 5th; while the University of Southern Denmark ranked 6th and German Sport University in Cologne 7th.
Overall, among the top 10 Best Universities For Sports Science In 2018, the 8th, 9th, and 10th positions are held by the University of Birmingham’s School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and the Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences at KU Leuven- Belgium.
These are the world’s top universities where you can study sport, exercise, and health science?
General Methodologyon the CEOWORLD magazine’s World’s Best Universities For Sport Science In 2018. The rankings are based on seven major metrics of quality and reputation. Overall Score (100%) is the sum of:
1. Perceived Global Brands Influence (20%)
2. Recruiters Responses (20%)
3. Employers Feedback (10%)
4. Job Placement Rate (10%)
5. Admission Eligibility (10%)
6. Specialization (10%)
7. Academic Reputation (20%)
To establish our list, we collected information and statistics from publicly available sources, research, and survey. The ranking measures the quality of education, job placements of graduates, recruiters response, employers feedback, without relying on institutions data submissions.
Graduates, industry professionals, employers, and recruiters were asked to rate universities on a scale of 1 “marginal” to 100 “outstanding” or “don’t know.”
However, this is by no means a comprehensive list, while institutions above are the “CEOWORLD magazine’s World’s Best Universities For Sports Science In 2018,” there may be many other universities that offer excellent programs.
* This ranking should not be viewed as the most important aspect when choosing a college, and are merely one element to consider.
* The top-ranked universities receives 100 points.
* The rankings are the result of a rigorous analytical exercise, incorporating multiple data sources, without relying on university data submissions.
* Detailed survey data and information collected directly from 120,000 individuals, across 7 data points.
* Surveys completed by 58,000 graduates; 23,000 recruiters; and 39,000 employers around the world.
* The results come from a survey of over 120,000 people in 48 countries.
* We analyzed over 140 universities during the data collection process.
*The overall score is numerical scores given to the colleges based on students, industry professionals, and recruiter feedback — measuring the quality of the universities. Total scores are out of 100.
The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 125,000 respondents is plus or minus 1.4 percentage points. In addition to sampling error, one should bear in mind that as in all survey research, there are possible sources of error—such as coverage, nonresponse and measurement error——that could affect the results.